19. HANDLING STAFF MATTERS
- A matter personal to a member of staff that is being considered by a meeting of Staffing Working Group is subject to standing order 11.
- Subject to the Council’s policy regarding absences from work, the Council’s most senior member of staff shall notify the Head of the Staff Working Group or, if he is not available, another member of the Staff Working Group of absence occasioned by illness or other reason and that person shall report such absence to the Council at its next meeting.
- The Head of the Staff Working Group or, if he is not available, another member of the Staff Working Group shall upon a resolution conduct a review of the performance and annual appraisal of the work of the Clerk. The reviews and appraisal shall be reported in writing and are subject to approval by resolution by the Council.
- Subject to the Council’s policy regarding the handling of grievance matters, the Council’s most senior member of staff (or other members of staff) shall contact the the Head of the Staff Working Group or, if he is not available, another member of the Staff Working Group in respect of an informal or formal grievance matter, and this matter shall be reported back and progressed by resolution of the Council.
- Subject to the Council’s policy regarding the handling of grievance matters, if an informal or formal grievance matter raised by an employee relates to the chairman or vice-chairman of Council, this shall be communicated to another member of Staffing Working Party, which shall be reported back and progressed by resolution of Council
- Any persons responsible for all or part of the management of staff shall treat as confidential the written records of all meetings relating to their performance, capabilities, grievance or disciplinary matters.
- In accordance with standing order 11(a), persons with line management responsibilities shall have access to staff records referred to in standing order 19(f).
- The Council shall keep written records relating to employees secure. All paper records shall be secured under lock and electronics records shall be password protected.
- Records documenting reasons for an employee’s absence to ill health or details of a medical condition shall be made available to those persons with responsibility for the same.
- Access and means of access by keys and/or computer passwords of employment referred to in standing orders 19(h and i) shall be provided only to the Chairman of the Council.
- If a meeting considers any matter personal to a Council employee, it shall not be considered until the Council has decided whether or not the press and public shall be excluded to standing order 3(d).