NUTFIELD CEMETERY TEMPORARY MEASURES - Updated 17/5/2021
During the current situation of Coronavirus (COVID19) Nutfield Burial Board is following Government guidelines backed up with guidance from the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICMM) in relation to ensuring the appropriate guidelines are followed.
Nutfield Burial Board are mindful of the central role a funeral plays for loved ones and its part of the grieving process for families. However, during these extremely challenging times the transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID19) at funeral gatherings to those attending, including the elderly, frail and vulnerable, along with Funeral Directors and burial ground staff must be considered.
Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak Nutfield Burial Board have put in place the following temporary measures for Nutfield Cemetery which are to be adhered to at all times until otherwise stated in order for the cemetery to run and for the Nutfield Parish Council (NPC) staff to remain safe. Please note, these are subject to change at any time.
- The current Government advice is that both family and friends can now attend a funeral..
- Attendee to ensure safe distance of at least 2 meters (6 foot) can be maintained between individuals.
- Service and time within Nutfield Cemetery to take no longer than 30 minutes.
- Attendees should follow UK government advice on hand hygiene, wear a mask (if necessary) and prevent the spread of infection.
- Anyone who is showing symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID19) (a new continuous cough or a high temperature) should not attend the funeral due to the risk that they pose to others
- Mourners (within the allocated numbers) can attend if they are self-isolating due to a possible case of Coronavirus (COVID19) in their household, or if they are extremely clinically vulnerable.
- The Nutfield Burial Board should be given a list in advance of those attending and their relation to the deceased to allow the appropriate measures to be taken at the cemetery.
- Only Funeral Director staff may carry the coffin, and only graveside staff to backfill and prepare the grave.
- All full burial funerals need to be conducted via the use of the services of a Funeral Director.
- All payments must be made online only – no cheque or cash payments accepted.
- The green form must be posted in the Green Nutfield Parish Council’s post box located at the entrance to Nutfield Village Hall, 63 Mid Street, South Nutfield, RH1 4JJ, at LEAST 4 hours before the start of a funeral. This can no longer be handed to the NPC staff at the cemetery.
- NPC staff will attend funerals where necessary; however, they will remain at a distance to all attendees, including Funeral Directors and grave diggers. No close contact will be made with the funeral party or Funeral Directors.
- Funeral Directors will be responsible for conducting the parking in the lay by at the front of Nutfield Cemetery. NPC staff will place cones and notices of the funeral as per usual.
- Cones will be used to mark plots for location purposes.
- Activities such as singing, chanting, requiring raised voices or playing of instruments that are blown into should be specifically avoided.
- Anybody wishing to pre-purchase a plot will be sent a map and shown the area that they can choose a plot. They can then attend the cemetery on their own to view the location and choose a couple of areas that they like. They will then be allocated plots closest to the place they have chosen. If they are unable to attend the cemetery, a plot will be chosen for them.
- If it becomes too busy, plots will be allocated by the Nutfield Burial Board.
Nutfield Burial Board appreciate that the current circumstances are very difficult for those that wish to attend and pay their respects at a funeral, however it is vital that the above rules are adhered to, to ensure the safety of staff as well as families in attendance.