Surrey County Council is appealing to businesses to provide vital personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies to help protect frontline workers deliver essential services to vulnerable Surrey residents during the Covid-19 pandemic.
As the nation faces unprecedented demand for PPE, there is a very limited supply coming into the county for social workers, care home staff, firefighters and volunteers, with the NHS understandably being prioritised.
Businesses such as tattoo artists, beauty salons, nail bars and others using these products daily can help by offering stocks while they are closed. If you have any items from the list below, donations would be gratefully received as soon as possible:
- Eye protection EN166:2001 Frame Marking: 3.
- Hand sanitiser gel (greater than 60% alcohol).
- Disposable overshoes CE marked.
- Disposable overalls CE marked.
- Disposable plastic apron (single use).
- Disposable gloves (single use) EN:374/5 (Viral protection)/nitrile purple/nitrile blue.
- Fluid repellent surgical mask (single use) Type 11R medical use.
- Drager dust masks.
- Hand soap.
- Surface Cleanser Spray.
- Universal Cleaner.
- Cleaning cloths.
- Blue Wiper Roll.
- Industrial cleaning wipes (excess of 60% alcohol or a disinfectant contained within it).
- Jumbo Toilet Roll.
- Paper Hand Towel.
Donations can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Delivery and collection can be arranged. All items need to conform to the safety standards highlighted above and any suppliers who manufacture PPE are also encouraged to contact Surrey County Council.