Tandridge District Council is carrying out a public consultation about the Council’s draft Homelessness Prevention and Rough Sleeping Strategy. The draft strategy, “Not every homeless person sleeps on the streets”, sets out how the Council will tackle homelessness in the district from 2019 to 2023.
The three priorities the strategy addresses are how the Council will:
- Raise awareness of the advice and support available to prevent homelessness.
- Identify the top causes of homelessness and develop innovative housing solutions, including building more affordable homes.
- Develop strong integrated partnerships to prevent homelessness.
The consultation runs from 9am on 9 April until 5pm on 6 May 2019. The draft strategy can be viewed online at www.tandridge.gov.uk/homelessness and everyone is invited to give their views. Comments can be made by:
- Completing a short questionnaire, visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/homelessness
- E-mailing email@example.com
- Writing to Resident Support, Council Offices, 8 Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT.
Jayne Godden-Miller, Strategic Director of People, said: “The strategy aims to protect and improve people’s lives and their wellbeing by preventing homelessness and eliminating rough sleeping in the district. We are inviting views from everyone. This includes those who have experienced homelessness and the different agencies and charities which work hard to prevent homelessness.”