Tandridge District at Medium COVID Alert Level
Under the new three tier system of local COVID Alert Levels introduced by the government, the Tandridge District and most of Surrey are currently at medium alert level. This is the lowest level with two other levels of high and very high.
For the medium level the current restrictions are:
- People must not meet in groups larger than six, indoors or outdoors.
- Overnight stays are allowed subject to social contact rules.
- Work from home where possible.
- Shops, schools and further education colleges, youth clubs, healthcare services, leisure centres and gyms remain open.
- Hospitality venues (pubs, restaurants, etc) are open with some restrictions, including table service only and 10pm closing time.
- Businesses and venues selling food for takeaways can continue after 10pm, as long as this is through a delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-thru.
- Entertainment and tourist attractions remain open, except for nightclubs and adult entertainment.
- Residential care is open to external visitors with additional precautions
- Up to 15 guests for weddings and up to 30 guests for funerals. 15 for receptions, wakes and related ceremonies.
- No travel restrictions, but avoid travelling to higher risk areas where possible.
- Organised sport and licensed physical activity allowed in outdoor settings. Indoor organised sport must follow social contact rules.
- Places of worship are open, subject to social contact rules.
- Registered and wraparound childcare open. Supervised activities permitted in private homes. Children’s groups permitted.
Please remember to wash your hands regularly, wear a face covering in enclosed spaces and stay 2 metres apart.
A postcode checker on gov.uk shows which alert level applies in each area.