Surrey Chambers of Commerce, supported by projectfive and Eagle Radio, is launching a Start-Up Academy. By joining the Academy you will get access to advice and resources to help you develop your business and increase your network.
The Academy will take place once a month from 26 October 2020 to 17 May 2021 from 10am to 1.30pm. Key areas of business will be covered, with a keynote speaker starting the day, followed by an interactive session in the afternoon. The academy is open to anyone, not just Chamber members. There is a small commitment fee of £40.
Sessions are currently virtual. Topics covered include:
- 26 October: Business Planning/Strategy and setting objectives– Richard Butcher, Stratagems.
- 23 November: How to make a business successful – Mike Turner, youbecome.
- 7 December: Digital Media & Marketing Strategy – David Evans & Carrie Crosland, Akiko.
- 18 January: Sales & Negotiation – Paul Glynn, Sandler.
- 22 February: IT & Cyber Crime – Steve Coburn, projectfive.
- 15 March: HR & Compliance – Martine Robins, The HR Dept.
- 19 April: Budgets & Raising Money – Daniel Morgan, Haines Watts Chartered Accountants.
17 May: Graduation – Recap of learning, future support options, measure initial objectives.