Please only present normal rubbish/recycling and food waste and store others items for when you are able to take them to charity shops/recycling centres upon them re-opening. Details are on the website about what can be put out as refuse and what Tandridge District Council cannot collect . Summary below…
What you can put in your black wheeled rubbish bin / green sacks
- Bubble wrap.
- Cling film.
- Coat hangers (metal and plastic).
- Crisp packets and other confectionery packaging such as chocolate and biscuit wrappers.
- Expanded polystyrene.
- Incontinence pads.
- Pet litter (max 10kg weight).
- Sanitary products.
- Wet/used kitchen paper, tissues and wipes.
What you can’t put in your black wheeled rubbish bin / green sacks
- Building waste such as plasterboard, fibreglass and tiles.
- Electrical items.
- Garden waste.
- Gas canisters and helium bottles.
- Hot ash (it can go in once cooled).
- Large items such as furniture.
- Sharp items or broken glass unless it is well wrapped. Please also put a note on the bin/bag warning the collectors.
Tandridge District Council also would also discourage to place recyclables and food waste in their rubbish bin and put these into either the blue lidded bin or the food waste caddies.