Protecting Surrey’s Roads
Surface Treatment to Prolong a Road’s Life
Surface dressing works
Trindles Road, South Nutfield
Wednesday 21 June 2020
For approx. 1 day
Monday 21 June 2020
For 1 day
7am – 6pm
Please look out for advance warning signs on site for any date changes or check one.network or TandridgeLC on Twitter
What we are doing?
We will be applying surface dressing to the road whilst abiding by the COVID-19 safe working practices. For more information visit: www.ourroads.today
What is surface dressing?
- Surface dressing involves spreading a thin layer of glue-like material called bitumen on the road and then spreading chippings over the entire surface from kerb to kerb. Traffic on the road will embed the chippings into the bitumen to form the new surface.
- We return to sweep away loose chippings three times – usually 24 hours, 48 hours and then again seven days after the initial works.
Information for residents and businesses
The road will be closed whilst we carry out these works. We will make sure you can get to and from your house or business but there will be times when delays are unavoidable. Talk to a member of our staff on site if you need help – talking to our staff can solve most issues.
- For a few days after the work and during prolonged spells of hot weather, the surface may still be sticky and could easily be carried into your home on shoes – make sure you take your shoes off to avoid marking your floor.
- This type of work is weather dependent and bad weather means the work will be rescheduled.
- Please keep the road free from parked vehicles. Please park elsewhere on the day we’re working otherwise it may be towed to a nearby road.
- Due to the fast-moving nature of this type of work, dates can vary from the ones advertised. If we’re unable to work on this date, please make sure the road is left clear of vehicles the following working day.
- You can receive an email alert when the details of these roadworks change through the one.network website by clicking ‘Sign up here’ on the pop out for the works. You will then receive an alert with any changes to dates, aaccess information, delays and when works have been completed.
- You can park on the road once the surface dressing is completed and you don’t have to park elsewhere when we sweep the loose chippings.
- Road markings will not be replaced until after the final sweep has taken place. It can take a few weeks for the lines to be replaced.
My road looks fine, why is it having surface treatment when there are other roads that need it more?
Surface dressing is a preventative treatment used on roads in a good condition, to protect and prolong their life. It could extend the life of a road by over 10 years and is up to three to four times cheaper than alternative ways of maintaining a road. We hope you are pleased with the works.
We apologise if our works cause disruption to your bus service. Please check with the bus company for any alterations with the service during this time.
We do not do private work. If anyone offers to do private work please contact Surrey Trading Standards on 0845 404 05 06 or visit www.surrey.gov.uk/stopcoldcallers
There will be some noise, but we will try to keep it to a minimum.
Who will carry out the works?
The council’s contractor Hazell & Jefferies will be carrying out these works on our behalf.
Telephone: 0300 200 1003 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Post: Contact Centre, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DN
If one of our signs has been left behind, please help us by reporting it. www.RemoveThisSign.com
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience while we carry out these road works.