Surrey County Council’s registration services are starting to reopen in its Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices. The Camberley and Reigate offices remain closed for face to face appointments.
- Marriages and civil partnerships will now be able to take place from 4 July although, due to the high volume of bookings to be managed, new bookings will not be accepted until 13 July.
- If you have a marriage or civil partnership booked in the next three months, you can now book an appointment online from 6 July to give notice of marriage, with appointments available at the open offices mentioned above.
- Appointments to register a birth can be made at one of the open offices from 6 July. To help registration staff, please be patient as they deal with a backlog of baby registrations. Only one parent should attend the appointment if the child’s parents are married or in a civil partnership and please don’t bring other children or additional adults to the appointment, unless necessary.
- Surrey County Council will start contacting new citizens from 6 July to book their citizenship ceremonies. The ceremonies will take place at Weybridge Register Office and will be restricted to new citizens only.
- Deaths can continue to be registered over the phone.
More information is available on Surrey County Council’s website.