Businesses in the district can help improve the employment prospects of local young unemployed people through two initiatives:
The Gatwick Diamond Employability Youth Hub helps young unemployed people aged 18-24 overcome barriers to finding work, while helping local employers find hard working, enthusiastic and innovative people to join their organisations.
The government’s Kickstart Scheme provides employers with funding to help them create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for the funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of six months.
- Associated employer National Insurance contributions.
- Employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
The Kickstart scheme has also changed slightly, with employers no longer needing a minimum of 30 job placements to apply directly for a grant.
Employers can now apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant by either:
- Applying directly online.
- Getting help from a Kickstart gateway who is already working with the Kickstart Scheme.
To find out more about both initiatives and how your business can get involved, please e-mail email@example.com.