FREE CRIME PREVENTION KITS
Nutfield Village Hall, Tuesday 13 th December @6.30pm – POSTPONED
20 Crime prevention Kits are to be handed out by Police on Tuesday 13th December at a talk by PCSO Lorraine Wells at a meeting from 6.30pm – 8pm, at The Village Hall, Mid Street, South Nutfield.
If you’d to attend and receive a kit, free of charge, please email PCSO Lorraine Wells at
It’s first come first served – 10 Kits for South Nutfield and 10 for Nutfield. The Kits include a small CCTV Camera, alarms, locks and other items to help make your outbuildings more secure. Nearly 90% of local burglaries are sheds and garages.
“Designing Out Crime” Officers have made recommendations in an attempt to prevent future offending. One element of the initiative involves providing previous victims and high offending locations with a crime prevention package for out-buildings.
There are also SELECT DNA marking kits for high value items within the homes.
The following products except for the Bluespot Padlock are tested and accredited products by SOLD SECURE or SECURE BY DESIGN security organisations. These are police preferred specifications.
- The cube by Uwatch is a standalone camera which links to a mobile phone. It runs off batteries and has a SIM card which sends the images and messaging. It will send notification if an offender enters the outbuilding / shed.
- Universal security hasp, fixing kit and closed shackle. This is a SOLD SECURE bronze rated security product for the door.
- Solon Gold standard shed alarm which is fixed to the door of the outbuilding.
- A Pragmassis Shed shackle which is a fixed to the wall of outbuilding / shed.
- Window security film which provides laminated strengthening to the window. (Please note due to the expense 1m allocated per package.)
- A 4.5 metre 12mm cable with a BlueSpot 65mm High Security Padlock. This will used to secure bicycles / other valuable items to the shackle. (This is not an accredited item).
- SELECTA DNA for marking property within the residences.
This package will deter some offending and provide opportunities to identify offenders, however it must be stressed, it will not prevent all offences.