A range of free advice and webinars are available to help support businesses through the current pandemic:
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce (SCC) is the county’s largest independent not for profit business support and networking organisation, helping businesses grow by connecting them to opportunities, skills, knowledge and valuable contacts. More information on the support on offer and upcoming events can be found on its website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCC is also offering tailored support for businesses, contact email@example.com or call 01483 735547 for more information.
- Start Up Croydon offers a three day business training programme for £25, giving start-up businesses an overview of how to create a business plan.
- The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) is available to help support and protect the interests of smaller businesses, small business owners and the self-employed by offering advice and guidance and running virtual events. FSB members have access to advice and guidance as well as virtual events on a range of topics. More information, including how to join, can be found on FSB’s website.
- On 28 January, from 11.15am to 12.30pm, the FSB is holding a webinar focusing on the first 28 days since the UK Brexit transition, giving an opportunity for businesses to discuss any issues with a panel of experts, including host Rosemary French OBE. More information, including how to register your place, can be found on the FSB’s website.
- The FSB is also hosting a virtual event on 8 February, from 12.45pm to 2.30pm, to launch National Apprenticeship Week. Gillian Keegan MP, Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills, will speak at the event and there will also be an opportunity to hear from apprentices and employers first hand about the benefits apprenticeships bring. More information, including how to book your place, is available on the FSB’s website.
- The Coast to Capital Growth Hub team provides fully funded advice and support to help small and medium sized businesses in the Tandridge district and surrounding areas to help connect with business support, experts and funding opportunities. For more information, including up to date news and events, visit the Hub’s Twitter account and subscribe to receive its newsletter. To speak to a Growth Relationship Manager, complete an online request form.
- WSX Enterprise is running a number of online webinars and seminars, covering topics including how to start your own business, planning, financing and managing your own business and grant funding.
- HMRC is still running its webinars to help employers, their staff and the self-employed during the Covid-19 pandemic, providing an overview of the support available. You can watch previously recorded webinars and register for future webinars, with webinars on topics including the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, the Self-Employment Income Support and the Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate schemes.
The government’s business support finder tool helps businesses find financial support to help them during the pandemic.