3. ANNUAL ESTIMATES (BUDGET) AND FORWARD PLANNING
- Each Working Group shall review its three year forecast of revenue and capital receipts and payments. Having regard to the forecast, it shall thereafter formulate and submit proposals for the following financial year to the council not later than the end of October each year including any proposals for revising the forecast.
- The RFO must each year, by no later than end of November, prepare detailed estimates of all receipts and payments including the use of reserves and all sources of funding for the following financial year in the form of a budget to be considered by the council in December.
- The council shall consider annual budget proposals in relation to the council’s three year forecast of revenue and capital receipts and payments including recommendations for the use of reserves and sources of funding and update the forecast accordingly.
- The council shall fix the precept (council tax requirement), and relevant basic amount of council tax to be levied for the ensuing financial year not later than by the middle of January each year. The RFO shall issue the precept to the billing authority and shall supply each member with a copy of the approved annual budget.
- The approved annual budget shall form the basis of financial control for the ensuing year.