Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak Nutfield Parish Council Burial Board have put in place the following temporary measures for Nutfield Cemetery which are to be adhered to at all times until otherwise stated in order for the cemetery to run and for the NPC staff to remain safe. Please note, these are subject to change at any time.
- All payments must be made online only – no cheque or cash payments accepted.
- The green form must be posted in the Green Nutfield Parish Council’s post box located at the entrance to Nutfield Village Hall, 63 Mid Street, South Nutfield, RH1 4JJ, at LEAST 4 hours before the start of a funeral. This can no longer be handed to the NPC staff at the cemetery.
- NPC staff will attend funerals; however, they will remain at a distance to all attendees, including Funeral Directors and grave diggers. No close contact will be made with the funeral party or Funeral Directors.
- Funeral Directors will be responsible for conducting the parking in the lay by at the front of Nutfield Cemetery. NPC staff will place cones and notices of the funeral as per usual.
- Cones will be used to mark plots for location purposes.
- Anybody wishing to pre-purchase a plot will be sent a map and shown the area that they can choose a plot. They can then attend the cemetery on their own to view the location and choose a couple of areas that they like. They will then be allocated plots closest to the place they have chosen. If they are unable to attend the cemetery, a plot will be chosen for them.
- If it becomes too busy, plots will be allocated by the Nutfield Parish Council Burial Board.
If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact either the Assistant Clerk or Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com