An exciting competition to keep your little ones entertained throughout half term…
A new partnership with Universal Studios and the Co-op in the launch of The Croods 2: A New Age in the UK. The film (also known as The Croods 2) is a computer-animated adventure comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures.
The film centres around values of community, neighbourliness, inclusivity, and working together. These are values that are close to the heart of all Neighbourhood Watch supporters, and as part of our initiative to reach more young families and to add to the positive and approachable perceptions of Neighbourhood Watch, the opportunity presented by this partnership was too good to pass up!
The Croods and The Bettermans are thrown together, two very different families who have to learn to live with one another when an evil tribe of monkeys threaten their homes. Once safe from this threat, the Croods and the Bettermans realise that home is not a place, it’s people, and together they create history’s first neighbourhood!
Neighbourhood Watch’s partnership with the film provides the opportunity to reach young families and to promote the importance of neighbourliness and community spirit to new audiences and across diverse communities. We know many young people and their families believe in the values which we stand for and this partnership gives them the introduction to becoming Neighbourhood Watch supporters for life.
In partnership with ‘The Croods 2: A New Age’ and Co-op, they want children up to the age of 16 to design their very own Croods 2 inspired treehouse for their local community. What’s more, the winning entry will be brought to life and built within a nearby Wildlife Trust location to be enjoyed by the public for years to come!
What do you need to do to enter?
- Head over to Co-op Insurance website to download the treehouse template and top tips for entering
- Design a Croods 2 inspired treehouse for our community – it can be as wacky as you want, let your imagination run wild!
- You can draw, paint, use computer software or even cave drawings to create your design, but above all be sure to think about how this could be used by the community and bring a lot of fun.
- Share the design on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #Croods2Treehouse and tag Co-op (@coopukinsurance on Facebook and Twitter) and Neighbourhood Watch Network (Facebook: @ourwatch; Twitter: @N_Watch and Instagram: @neighbourhood.watch.insta) to enter.
- The competition closes on 22nd February and the winner will be contacted within 5 days via social media. The treehouse will be built by 26th March, just in time for the film’s release and Easter holidays!
- See the attached flyer, or click here, for more details.
Some great activity sheets to complete for a bit of fun can be found here too.