Advice for parents and carers from Tandridge District Council
The Department of Education has released official guidance for parents and carers during the Covid-19 pandemic, covering school closures, exams, free school meals, vulnerable children, critical workers, resources and support.
Schools, colleges, nurseries, childminders and other registered childcare settings are being asked to remain open for children of critical workers – NHS staff, police, farmers and food retail workers – and vulnerable children where they can.
There are lots of online resources for children to access while at home. For parents with children under 5 years old, visit hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk.
Visit the following websites to find out how to keep your child safe online.
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)