Tandridge District Council (TDC) is in the early stages of preparing a Local Plan which will set out a vision for the District for the next 20 years and provide a framework for the future improvement, development and local protection of our area and the Green Belt.
TDC are asking anyone with an interest in the area to give their views on various approaches to how the District can be improved, developed and protected. The consultation runs until 26 February 2016.
In order to participate, visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/localplan to register and have your say. This is a chance for local people to have their say on setting local priorities and planning policies, giving local control over how we provide for both people and place in the future. Without a Local Plan any future development would be decided solely in line with the National Planning Policy Framework, with little reference to local needs or views.
For this first round of consultation you will be able to comment on:
- A range of possible approaches to meeting the area’s needs over the next 20 years
- Whether we can meet all our development needs within Tandridge
- Affordable local housing
- Our local environment, its greenness and openness
- The amount of schools, doctors and transport we will need in future
- A range of other challenges facing our area.
So register today on consult.tandridge.gov.uk/portal and have your say.