CONDITIONS OF LETTING
- “The Management” shall mean the Trustees or its representative. “The Hirer” shall mean any person or organization using the Hall with the permission of the Management. “The Hall” shall mean the Memorial Hall being hired,
- The Hirer who signs the contract shall be 21 years of age or over.
- The current Entertainment Premises License, under which conditions the Hall is hired out, is on the Notice Board inside the entrance to the Hall.
- The number of people attending any function shall not exceed 120 within the Hall
- The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds), except guide dogs, are brought into the Hall, other than for a special event agreed by the Management.
- When the Hirer wishes to supply/sell alcohol at a function in the Hall, in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, the Hirer shall receive the written approval of the Booking Secretary before the Hirer applies to Tandridge District Council and the Police for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) to sell/supply alcohol. The inclusion of alcohol in the ticket price is considered as the supply/sale of alcohol, and will require a TEN. Once Tandridge District Council have approved a TEN, the Hirer shall display the TEN in the Hall on the board provided during the period of hire and ensure that a responsible adult is on the premises throughout the period of the hire to supervise the function
- The Hall is used for a multiplicity of purposes. The Hirer shall check with the Booking Secretary that the floor surface is suitable for the purpose required. The Management accepts no responsibility for any accident or incident arising there from. Under no circumstances shall adhesive tape be stuck on the floor, as this is likely to damage the floor surface. On a point of safety spillage of any liquid must be cleared up immediately. Under no circumstances may people wearing studded or spiked boots walk in any other area apart from the changing room areas.
- The keys shall be collected and returned by prior arrangement with the Booking Secretary.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of the Hall, its fixtures and contents, and for the heating and electrical installations throughout the period of hire. Any damage, breakage or missing items shall be reported to the Management and made good by the Hirer. A charge may be made for any replacements.
- The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. In particular dairy products, vegetables and meat in the Hall shall be refrigerated and stored in compliance with the Food Temperature Regulations. The kitchen is provided with a refrigerator. The Hall does not constitute a ‘Food Business Operator’ per se and therefore does not provide full safety documentation based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). However we acknowledge our responsibility in terms of maintaining and servicing the Hall kitchen so that food may be handled or processed in a safe and hygienic manner. All food must be removed at the end of the hiring period.
- The Hirer is responsible for putting out furniture and any other equipment, and replacing it afterwards in the store room.
- No notices, displays or decorations may be fixed to the walls. All advertising material relating to the Hirer’s activity, whether in the Hall or displayed around the Village, shall be removed within 24 hours of the end of the booking.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorized heating appliances shall be used in the Hall when open to the public without the consent of the Management. Portable Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) may not be used under any circumstances.
- Smoking is prohibited in any part of the Hall or the Changing rooms.
- The Hall shall be left clean and tidy to the satisfaction of the Management period of hire. All kitchen equipment (including any china and cutlery used) shall be left clean ready for the next Hirer. Please leave the Hall in the condition you would expect to find it.
- The Hirer may not use any form of cooking appliance or Barbecue for outdoor food preparation without the consent of the Management.
- The toilet facilities and changing rooms shall be left clean and tidy.
- The Hall shall not be left unattended during a hire.
- All rubbish shall be removed for the site by the hirer.
- At the end of the period of hire, the Hirer shall switch off all appliances, close and lock all windows, lock all the external doors and shutters generally secure the Hall before returning the keys as arranged to the booking secretary.
- The Hall shall be vacated and locked by midnight on each day of the function.
- The hirer is responsible for the setting of the alarm by using the fob supplied as directed by the booking secretary
- All shutters to be opened at beginning of hire, kept open at all times, and closed and locked at the end of the hire period
- The Hirer shall observe local authority bye-laws and regulations. No illegal or immoral activity may be carried out.
- The Hirer may not allow any overnight parking in the Hall car park without the permission of the Management.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all those attending the function are made aware of the means of escape in the event of a fire.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no nuisance or annoyance is caused to the owners or occupiers of adjoining or neighboring properties, either by themselves or any persons visiting the Hall in connection with the Hirer’s use of the Hall. When leaving the hall late at night please consider the local residents and leave quietly.
- The Management is not responsible for any injury to persons using the Hall, or loss or damage to stored equipment or other property brought into the Hall or adjacent parking area.
- All accidents, diseases and dangerous incidents occurring in the Hall shall be reported to the Booking Secretary, within 24 hours, who will make a record of the accident. Where the law so requires, the Hirer shall report the accident to Tandridge District Council, Environmental Health Department, within the prescribed time limit.
- The subletting of the Hall by a Hirer is prohibited.
- Management reserves the right to cancel any booking of the Hall if the activity being carried out is deemed to be inappropriate by the Management without prejudice.
- A confirmed booking is only deemed to be binding when the deposit has been received in full.
- The deposit will only be returned upon verification by the Management that all the above conditions have been observed and complied with. In cases where the Terms & Conditions have not been adhered we reserve the right to retain all or part of the deposit.
- Bookings cancelled within 2 months of the starting date of the hire are subject to a cancellation fee as follows: months = loss of deposit; 6 weeks = 50% of the hire fee; 1 month = full hire fee.
- Any contravention of the Conditions of Letting will annul the Hirer’s hiring rights without compensation.
IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE THE PERSON SIGNING THE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE HALL WILL BE DEEMED TO BE THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON AND ACT AS THE FIRE MARSHALL. PLEASE READ THE FIRE EVACUATION NOTICE ON ENTERING THE HALL.
If the person making the booking does not wish to be the responsible person in the event of a fire written notification shall be forwarded to the booking secretary indicating as to who the responsible person is.
Please follow these simple instructions for using the hall and help to keep it running smoothly for everyone:
All Shutters must be locked open when any part of the hall is in use. They must also be locked shut before leaving the hall and locking up.
lighting in the changing rooms and toilets are on sensors and will automatically switch off after about 15 minutes of inactivity. The hall and kitchen lights should be switched off before departing hall
The instructions for operating the oven are displayed beside the cooker. The Cooker shall be left clean.
The kitchen shall be left clean and tidy as you would like to find it. All breakages shall be reported to the Booking Secretary
For security reasons all the windows are locked. A key is supplied with the main door key and alarm fob. PLEASE LOCK THEM AGAIN AFTERWARDS.
Please put rubbish must be removed from the hall and surrounding areas.
Please clean floors with a damp mop which is stored in the second cupboard in the main hall. Do not wash the floor. Any spills can be cleaned up with a damp mop that is kept in the storeroom.
Tables should be stored flat in the store. Do not drag any furniture across the floor
All folding chairs should be stacked in store after use. Do not drag any chairs across the floor.
Nothing may be attached to the walls. This includes posters and any decorations. Do not use Blu-Tack or drawing pins.
Audio Visual and Sound Equipment
This equipment may only be used by agreement in advance by the Management and only after suitable training has occurred.